Thursday, November 1, 2012

Three Objectives Emerged Sunday Workshop Report #1

Workshop report
Sunday October 28 2012


The workshop was great and I want to thank the participants.

Three objectives emerged.

Talking builds a dependence on... talking. Talking is a rug I will have to slowly pull out over the next few weeks as I continue the workshops. Ideally there is no talking, so I have to get to a point where there is no talking. I think this just means gradually reducing the talking over time. Its kind of that simple. So that's Objective #1.

The "prompts" I give are going to be very important to guide the workshop, and I think alot of my time is going to be dedicated to nutting these out. They also need to have the flexibility to adapt. Ideally, the prompts are all you need - it's obvious from the prompts what you're supposed to be doing, and they follow a logical sequence that builds on the history of the workshop towards a single destination. So designing these prompts into a logical sequence is probably Objective #2.

Objective #3 is about the end destination and what it is. I think yesterdays workshop got us to a point which was meditative because it explored a point after having made it - I showed the participants the answer, and they tried to execute it. In reality this works the other way around. So it's hard to take much from the workshop that feeds this endpoint. What brought me closer to this, if anything, was writing the series of questions that I posed to the participants before the workshop. They are in the images below.











No comments:

Post a Comment